You get the benefits of coconut oil and chamomile tea all in one. A coconut oil moisturizer hydrates without clogging pores, and chamomile tea is known to soothe redness and tighten skin, Thyme is nature’s powerhouse healer and goes a long way in healing and preventing breakouts. Whipping it makes a nice frothy texture that’s easier to apply and feels less greasy (if that bothers you). And did I mention that it’s a perfect sunny shade of yellow? No it won’t turn your skin yellow, but it does make me smile every time I see it. Mine didn’t quite steep long enough in these pictures to showcase the beautiful yellow color that comes from the Chamomile, but if you truly let it steep for 1 hour, you should have a sweet sunny shade of cheer! Perfect for chasing away those winter blues.
Whipped Coconut + Chamomile Moisturizer
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons loose Chamomile tea
- 30 -50 drops Thyme Essential Oil
- Use a double boiler on medium heat to melt the coconut oil.
- Stir in the chamomile tea.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat setting for 1 hour.
- Strain tea from oil with cheesecloth.
- Add the essential oil and stir gently
- Let cool until almost solid.
- Then whip until creamy, 3-5 minutes. I used an immersion blender for ease and quick clean up!